The sky’s the limit with an exciting career in the aviation industry as a qualified commercial aeroplane pilot. TAFE Queensland (RTO 0275) and Aerostar Aviation in partnership will give you the skills and experience you need to take your career to new heights with the Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane) (AVI50219) qualification.
The Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane) (AVI50219) is a full-time course, delivered over 50 weeks, comprising of 29 units of competency and 200 hours of aeronautical experience.
In this course, you will receive quality training under the expert guidance of Aerostar Aviation’s experienced trainers to give you all the theoretical and practical skills and knowledge needed to gain your Commercial Pilot Licence, in compliance with the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and National Operating Standards. As a commercial aeroplane pilot, you will discover a variety of career opportunities including rural operations, joy-flights, air transport charter operations, and commercial airlines.
You will train at Aerostar Aviation’s base, located at Parafield Airport, Adelaide. This is an ideal training location, as it allows pilots to fly in controlled airspace with student-friendly air traffic controllers. Successful completion of this course will give you the knowledge and practical skills required to embark upon an exciting career as a commercial aeroplane pilot.
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) Aeroplane; and
- AVI50219 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane)
This course is delivered on Aerostar’s base, located at Parafield Airport, Adelaide. Students are expected to undertake additional personal study to complete the course requirements.
Commercial or military pilot entrants to this qualification should check requirements with CASA or Defence Aviation for specific pilot entry standards.
The following are the mandatory entry requirements for enrolment in the Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane). Prospective students must meet the following criteria:
- Aviation Reference Number (ARN)
- Obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) before enrolling in the course.
- Produce evidence of a current Aviation Class 1 Medical.
- Be in possession of, or in the process of applying for a current Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) for flight crew by your first census date.
- Be eligible to obtain English Language Proficiency to meet the minimum requirements set by CASA.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age prior to the completion of the course to enrol in the qualification.
- Beneficial to have completed Year 12 with passes in Math and English.
- A device suitable for accessing online exam-prep material (Laptop, iPad, etc.).
TAFE Queensland is Queensland’s largest, most experienced training provider, delivering practical, industry-relevant training across a range of industries from entry-level certificates to bachelor degrees.
Aerostar and TAFE Queensland have entered into a third party training agreement for delivery of the Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane) (AVI50219) in Adelaide. Under this arrangement, TAFE Queensland is the Registered Training Organisation (RTO 0275) and will be responsible for issuing AQF certification documentation for the Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence – Aeroplane) (AVI50219). Experienced Aerostar instructors will conduct all training and assessment on behalf of TAFE Queensland. Through successful completion of the qualification you will have the opportunity to gain the skills and experience required to take your career to new heights.
Learn More about TAFE Queensland at https://tafeqld.edu.au or call (07) 3307 4798.